Rollercoaster Marriage


"I'm done", "It's over", "I can't do this anymore", and "I give up" are all phrases that I've said and/or heard a few times over the past thirteen years. To be honest with you guys some of those words were spoken within the past month, but when you vow to be with someone forever you have to know that there will be bad times.  Especially when you get married before really getting to know one another.
For those of you that don't know my husband and myself chose to get married after only nine months of knowing one another at the young ages of 26 and 21 years old. I was already a single mother of a one year old and my husband was coming out of a divorce so the odds were stacked against us to say the least. We have dealt with financial issues, insecurities, infidelities, health issues, family issues, and a variety of other issues over the years, but we always manage to come out of things together fighting for our marriage and holding on to our love for one another!!! Despite having bad times we have also had some amazing times and have been blessed with two amazing daughters along the way. I pray that God will continue to strengthen my husband and myself, as well as allow us to use our story to help other young couples overcome the many obstacles that they may face. With God know that anything is possible and nothing worth having comes easy so if you're going through a difficult time in your marriage turn to God and ask him for his guidance and remember why you fell in love with your spouse to begin with. Nobody ever said marriage was easy, but fighting for someone and something you love is always worth it!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want to give up...

I want my parents