One piece at a time

When you have been living the majority of your life in brokenness you really don't know what it is to be whole. You may have glimpses of wholeness in different areas of your life, but have yet to find the way to connect all the whole pieces together. That's where I'm at in my life and I'm slowly working on fixing each area of my life so that I can completely overcome this brokenness and be whole.
Don't get me wrong I am very thankful that I'm not where I was two months ago, but I know I'm only a couple of bad choices from being back there so I have to live each moment with purpose. The minute I start letting my guard down and living comfortably I'm liable to make some mistakes. Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for perfection, but I am looking for enough progression to trust that I won't go backwards in certain areas in my life.
For example with my health and fitness goals...there was a time when I was not comfortable sneaking candy bars with my husband or eating pizza two nights in a row because I was trying to overcome those habits, but in my comfort of being 70lbs lighter than when I started I've gained 15lbs back because I have been comfortable making the same bad habits I'd worked so hard to overcome. That tells me that I wasn't ready to let go and just live a healthy lifestyle...I still have work to do and this lesson applies to all areas of my life. In order to completely overcome my brokenness I must heal each individual part of me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want my parents

I want to give up...