My Lover My Best Friend My Husband

12 years ago I was at a vulnerable time in my life and was blessed to meet my husband and best friend. We were both coming from bad breakups and trying to figure out how to trust and love again. We started out as friends...honest and blunt about what we had been through and not looking to be in a relationship anytime soon...or so we thought because 9 months later we were getting married.
Something drew us together despite neither one of us knowing what we were really getting ourselves in to. He has loved me through my brokenness and continues to love me at times when I don't feel like I can love myself.
We have been through so many things that were designed to tear the strongest couples apart, but we are still standing strong. I love my husband with all my heart and would rather continue to grow with him then to start over with someone else. I pray everyday for God to show me how to be the wife my husband needs so that he may be the husband I need.
Don't get me wrong there are times when I've felt that maybe we should let each other go and start our lives fresh without one another, but I couldn't imagine my life without him by my side. I don't feel like God would allow us to make it this far if it was all for nothing. We have grown together and I know that our reward is right around the corner as long as we trust in God and each other!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want my parents

I want to give up...