Learning to feel again

Coming in to 2018 I didn't have any specific goals. I just knew I needed to start living my life better than I had been. It was time to move on from the fire and let go of the hurt feelings I had towards the people that weren't there for me in my time of need. It was time to stop making excuses for not living up to my full potential. It was time to stop living in my brokenness and overcome my issues like I have done so many times in the past. It was time to try to heal my brokenness.
This past weekend I took some major steps towards helping myself emotionally. I talked to my husband about what I felt we needed to change to save our marriage. I didn't focus on what I wanted from him because I focused more on what I wasn't giving him and what I needed to fix. I've learned over the years that playing the blame game does more harm than good and 90% of the time if you work on you the people around you will begin to work on them or remove themselves from your life. I reached out to a few people that I was having issues with and began to resolve them. I spoke with my children about what we needed to do as a family to get our house in order. Lastly I took some time for me just to think and process all that I had been through in 2017. Doing this allowed me to come to grips with what was loss, but also appreciate what was gained.
Overall I am feeling a lot better emotionally. The feeling of numbness is gone and I'm ready to overcome being caught up in my emotions. I am one step closer to healing my brokenness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want my parents

I want to give up...