Breakthrough

Wednesday must have been the tipping point of this rough patch because I honestly did not feel like I had the strength to keep fighting. I can honestly say things are starting to look up for my family and I feel a lot better. I know we still have a ways to go, but the fact that I'm still standing strong has helped turn my mood around!
I had to go through those emotions on Wednesday to get back to a place of peace. Feeling like I was failing helped me remember how much I have accomplished since moving to Texas. Not having the strength to go on helped me dig deep to pull out strength I didn't know I had. Being at rock bottom has helped me appreciate the little things that I've once taken for granted. I am determined to make this year my best one yet because I have goals that I will accomplish for myself and my family.
I want my kids to look at me and see a positive example of a strong black woman. I want my kids to know that they can accomplish anything they put their minds to if they work hard and stay committed. I want my husband to know that when he is down I will keep us up. I want my grandmother to look at me and know that her hardwork wasn't in vain. I want to look at myself and be able to say, "I've made it through the storm and I'm still standing!".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want my parents

I want to give up...