The Fire

7 months ago my family was awaken by the sound of the fire alarm going off at six o clock in the morning. Thankfully by the grace of God we were all able to make it out safely. To reasons unknown to us my leasing company decided to terminate our lease and lock us out of our home the day of the fire! We had just about loss everything to smoke damage and now we had no where live.
Thankfully we had renters insurance and were able to get reimbursed for some of our damaged belongings, but that was going to take a while. I was not working at the time of the fire and was scheduled to have a hysterectomy two days after the fire and my grandmother who I care for was scheduled to have surgery the day before mines so the struggles were just beginning. We put our faith in God and decided to go ahead with both surgeries while we figured out how to recover from the fire. Most of our insurance money went to living in a hotel for over a month, relocating to Texas from Maryland, and buying the basic necessities we had lost in the fire.
This past Summer taught me so much about myself, my immediate family, and the people I had been surrounding myself with. It was the beginning of this bout of depression and anxiety I've been trying to overcome for months, the financial crisis I'm in, and the foundation to me knowing that my life was in need of some major renovations!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want my parents

I want to give up...