It takes a village

One thing I've realized is that I can't get through this journey alone. Last night the truck that our friend let us hold because ours is out of commission would not start so I humbled myself and asked a coworker to take my home. This afternoon another coworker and friend was kind enough to pick me and my grandmother up so that I could take her to her appointment. After the appointment my friend let me use her car to take my grandmother home and get back to work.
As we rode my grandmother mentioned how nice people in Texas are because had we been in Baltimore I would of probably been stuck at work and calling out today. She also mentioned that my own mother would not have been so generous with her car and the sad reality is my grandmother is absolutely right.
I am able to still smile knowing that I do not have my own transportation right now because God has surrounded me with wonderful people. If you're going through a rough patch in life don't withdraw yourself from the people that care...they may very well be the pieces of tape you need to hold yourself together. I am forever grateful for the many pieces of tape that hold me together during this broken time in my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want my parents

I want to give up...