Broken beyond repair

At times I wonder if I'll ever be fixed...will I break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck? Will I raise children that do not have to recover from their childhood? Will my marriage happily last till death do us part? Will I overcome depression and anxiety? Will I die happy?
The answer is within me and that's the honest truth. It will require hardwork, determination, faith, consistency, and the ability to live outside of my comfort zone until I begin to see my dreams come true. The crazy thing is I've done it before.
Throughout all the adversity I've faced in my 32 years of life I've accomplished a lot of goals that people didn't think I would. I graduated from high school with a scholarship to the college I wanted to go to. I have my associates degree in general studies. I completed the LPN program after withdrawing due to personal reasons my first go round. I've overcame a lot of obstacles in my marriage that would have broken many homes. I forgave my parents for not raising me. I went from 217lbs to 160lbs. So I know I have the ability to make great things happen, but something keeps pulling me down. As much as I've overcome there's still a part of me that's stuck holding on to what I haven't done.
Today is the day that I begin to shed all of the dead weight holding me back. Today I learn to let go and let God. Today I vow to move forward and only look back to remind myself of where I came from. Today I am deciding that I am worth fixing. No matter how hard it may seem each day I will make a positive step in the right direction. Not just for me, but for the people I have depending on me. I will heal all my wounds with God, faith, and determination. Each day I will put a piece of me back together...this brokenness will not last forever!

Comments

  1. Love this! Keep pushing until u reach the light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I plan on doing...one day at a time!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I want my parents

I want to give up...