We're more than a number!

Many of you know I have been on my health and fitness journey for almost 10 years now. For the first 7 years of my journey I tried every diet out there. I would lose a little weight and gain double that amount back. Needless to say by 2016 my life was controlled by whatever number was on the scale. That is when I decided it was time to stop dieting and start making lifestyle changes. This morning when I weighed myself I was overcome with emotions because I honestly don't care what the scale reads anymore. Here's the post I shared on my health and fitness IG page:

When you're fighting to lose weight this number right here can define how your day, week, or month will go IF YOU LET IT! 
Living a healthy lifestyle is not about that number at all.
It's about how you feel each day. How your clothes fit. What progress you've made. As your body changes you will see the number on the scale fluctuate based on what you eat, what you drink, your hormones, the time of day, where it's placed on the floor, etc.
NEVER EVER LET THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE DEFINE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFULLY MADE AND CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IF YOU'RE COMMITTED TO THE PROCESS!!!

Anybody out there struggling with achieving their weight-loss goals take a step back and ignore this number for 30 days. Don't stop eating healthy or working out, just stay off the scale! Take your measurements on day 0 and again on day 30. Take pictures of yourself each week. Stay committed to the process and I guarantee at the end of that month you'll have lost some fat pounds, lost inches, and see changes in your body all without letting a number define you. Learning to stop being defined by societies rules is one of the most important things in overcoming brokenness. I say this because society is the reason why so many of us were broken to began with. One day at a time we will all achieve our goals and stop the cycle of giving up on broken things! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken beyond repair

I want to give up...

I want my parents